
What a lovely way to make women go back to the mirror and reassess themselves for faults, and physical failings. How nice to suggest that one, if lest than perfect, ought to suffer for it, and hide one’s self under layers of uncomfortable, and unhealthy clothing. I think a bourka would be just the thing to match my pointy-toed spike heels. Are you utterly demented?
High heels are absolutely terrible for a woman’s health, not just her feet, but her spine. They throw off the spine’s natural alignment, causing a "sway-back" effect (and the buttocks to protrude, which was the whole point of the invention in the first place), that can cause severe muscular and skeletal stress. They also cause excessive stress to the hips and knees. As for pointy toes, women are already mutilating their feet with ill-advised cosmetic surgeries to alter the bones in the feet and toes so that they can fit into pointy toed shoes (which can also cause ingrown toe-nails, bunions and progressive foot deformities). And spike heels are a nightmare for most women, difficult and dangerous to walk on, throwing off one’s balance and forcing an uneven distrution of weight on the feet.
That’s the unhealthy bit of this slideshow of horrors. But there is more ugliness to come. Not "blessed with beautiful angles and curves"? According to what template? If a woman fit the model suggested by the "faults" in the slideshow by having "none of the above", she’d be a Northern European white woman with no backside, a swan neck, perfect long legs, and a size 0-2. O, and a small bust, unless she had it, um, enhanced. So the rest of us are what, cursed with ugly bumps and lumps? Unattractive? We should wear concealing clothing, and dull colors, and shapewear (wonderful, I always wanted another severe yeast or bacterial infection, all of which disappeared when I stopped putting any pantyhose or "shapewear" near my body), mom-jeans, "classic cuts" so that we can worship at the altar of sameness.
Yes, I’m offended. I’m not going to wear shapewear to hide my substantial, but extremely firm, well-shaped, and not sagging at all butt from the world. I’m half Italian. It means I have a Mediterranean build. Women are paying a lot of money to get buttock implants to achieve what I have naturally, and you’re telling me to make it go away? I’m also not going to ruin my "wide feet" by wearing flesh colored stiletto high heels (my ankles appear thin from the front, thicker from the sides. My wrists are wide and flat too. Bone structure, not fat). At fifty, my feet never hurt, and I can still wear 4" platform wedge heels, if I so choose. Otherwise, flats for me. I intend that my feet should last. And my arms are definitely not thin, but no "flaps" (good grief!), and my shoulder are wide and square, and I have a short neck. A "peasant body" as my o so darling mother has always said. O, and I wear a 36DD bra, and I know how to purchase and maintain my bras.
According to Ms. Charla Krupp, I am a walking flaw. I should probably dig a hole, and fall in, and pull the dirt over me. Or take her advice, and so, be delivered from my fatness and otherness into the land of sameness and blessedness. Phooey. Only a small percentage of women fit that "perfect model", and there are billions of women on this planet. Stop trying to make us cookie-cutter people, and start celebrating our diversity. The attitude is insulting and in extremely poor taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment